Stephanie at My Thorns Have Roses tagged me for the 11 things post. The rules are to post 11 facts about myself, answer the 11 questions she asked and then ask 11 of my own questions of another 11 people.
Here goes nothing:
- I have a fear of walking over grates and I worry that will prevent me from going to and enjoying New York City some day.
- The majority of my workout playlist comes from Glee. I have no idea what I’d workout too if that show wasn’t around. I don’t even really watch the show anymore, but I still get the songs from iTunes.
- Early on in my first job a coworker was reformulating a chocolate frosting. She needed to figure out what flavor profile to target, so she bought a huge table full of chocolate – pudding, bars, cakes, ice cream, cookies, bars, frostings, candies, etc – and had a few of us from the lab come over and rank our favorites. I loved my job that day.
- The first funeral I attended was my grandmother’s when I was 33.
- I avoid WalMart at all costs. It absolutely steals your joy the minute you walk in. I think they pipe some joy-stealing chemical through the air.
- I like to have something to read whenever I sit down to eat alone. There is always a magazine or book I’m re-reading on my table.
- I like reading adoption blogs and am very inspired by those families, especially the ones that adopt special needs or traumatized children.
- I thoroughly enjoy people watching at the gym and have elaborate life stories in my head for several of the women I see often.
- I’ve never had a broken bone that required a cast.
- I had hot tea for the first time on a flight to Australia at 17. Until that moment I never knew tea could be served hot. It was a revelation.
- I don’t get the hype around Justin Bieber. At all.
1. Who is your favorite comedian?
2. Do you see yourself blogging 5 years from now?
I have no idea. Probably, as it’s become a nice way for me to record our lives and take little snapshots in time of what we are reading/eating/doing/learning.
3. What’s your favorite form of exercise?
Yoga in a group setting.
4. What did you get into the most trouble with as a youth?
I was embarrassingly good as a youth. Although one time a group of us got together to work on a group take-home chemistry test. We met in one of our friend’s empty rent-homes, thus there was no home phone. (There was also no toilet paper, so we pretended we were on a scavenger hunt and knocked on a neighbor’s door to get some.) This was in the pre-cell phone days and although we were WORKING ON A CHEMISTRY TEST, all of our parents were furious because we were out of touch for so long.
5. If you found out you were going to die tomorrow, what would be the FIRST thing you did after leaving the doctor’s office?
Hug my kids. Second thing would be to get a full-fat, full sugar Frappacino and then head to the park with my family.
6. What would you name a movie about your life?
Eat, Pray, Read, Sleep, Blog.
7. What was your favorite grade in school?
An A+. Just kidding – 12th grade
8. If you could have an intimate dinner with any celebrity, who would you choose and why?
Intimate like romantic, I’d go with Ryan Reynolds, assuming I wasn’t married. Of course. :)
Intimate like private conversation, I’d go with Jennifer Garner. She just seems like someone I would like in real life.
9. If you had to relocate yourself to an entirely different country, where would you choose?
10. Are you with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with?
Yes, even if I am willing to cheat on him with Ryan Reynolds.
11. Is there any topic you absolutely refuse to talk about on your blog?
I don’t see myself ever talking about sex or politics.
I want to tag some readers and frequent commenters. Please answer one (or all) of these questions:
- Who was your favorite relative when you were a kid?
- What is the first memory you have?
- Have you ever gotten in an argument with a stranger?
- If you could choose between a weekend away alone or with friends, which would you choose?
- Favorite musician?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What would be the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
- What would be the things you grabbed if you had to flee your house quickly due to a fire?
- What were you doing when you heard about 9/11?
- Do you have a will?
- What is your Starbucks (or any coffee shop) order?