I find that if I can muster up enough motivation to get in the kitchen early in the week and make some salads, I say mental ‘thank yous’ to that motivated self for the next few days as I enjoy the salads. Yesterday I made a big Sunshine Salad from Peas and Thank You (I make this salad almost weekly. It’s that good), chopped up all the carrots and celery in the fridge, made a couple of bags of ‘to be juiced’ produce, got some quinoa and chickpeas soaking, made tea for kombucha, and made this broccoli salad. All this productivity was brought to you by the letters S and S. I love that Sesame Street is an hour long (and commercial free! and educational!), as I can usually whip out several kitchen tasks without my 3 year old ‘helper’ underfoot.
Crunchy and Tart Broccoli Salad
This salad comes together quite quickly and keeps well for a couple of days in the fridge.
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- dash of each: salt, pepper, cinnamon
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 small apple, chopped (I like granny smith in this recipe, but any would do)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
1. Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and salt/pepper/cinnamon
2. Combine dressing and salad ingredients and toss well. Let sit for at least an hour.
3. Serve cold or at room temperature