Alternative Title in Honor of Minnesota: Lentil and Brown Rice Hot Dish
I’ve been making this recipe for a few years now and thought I’d share it.
It is not:
- particularly photogenic
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water (or combination of both)
- 3/4 cup uncooked lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: bay leaf + salt if using water instead of broth, rosemary, basil, any herbs to your liking
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Mix all ingredients in a 2 qt baking dish.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for about an hour, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- That’s all. See – so easy!