If you read the healthy food blogs, you’ve more than likely read about Overnight Oats. They’ve been done in approximately 7432 ways. Approximately.
However, on the new to me blog, Healthful Pursuit, I stumbled across her recipe for Overnight Smoothies and smacked myself for not thinking of it myself. It’s genius. I modified her Sleepy Chocolate Cookie Dough Smoothie recipe into the following recipe for an Overnight Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Smoothie. It is so creamy and delicious. It is also quite filling. I had it for breakfast this morning and, even after my first spin class in 2 weeks which left me in a pile of sweat, I’m still full. I actually had more than fit into my glass and I froze the leftovers into popsicle molds. You better believe I’ll be having a smoothie pop this afternoon….
Overnight Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Smoothie.
- 1 c non dairy milk + 0.5 c for freezing (I used Silk Plain Coconut milk which is one of my most favorite things lately)
- 1/3 c plain oats (uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 Tbsp cocoa nibs (or could use chocolate chips)
- Combine 1 c non-dairy milk, oats, chia seeds, peanut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla and stir well to combine. I put mine in a jar and shook it up.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Freeze 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk in an ice cube tray or small plastic container.
- The next morning, pour the contents of the jar/container into a blender, along with the frozen non-dairy milk, frozen banana and cocoa nibs/chocolate chips. Blend to smooth, adding more milk if needed.