Thanks for all the feedback on my kid-feeding post. I felt a bit vulnerable posting it and I’m glad to see that it seemed to be received well. Or, at least those who disagreed did not comment. :)
I finally got around to making the Lime Mousse Tart from Raw Food Real World. I modified a bit based on what I had on hand and here is my version.
Lime Tarts with Coconut Almond Crust (raw)
Makes 2 personal sized tarts
Coconut Almond Crust
- 3/4 c almonds (I used a mixture of raw almonds and dehydrated almond pulp from almond milk making)
- 1/2 c shredded, unsweetened raw coconut
- 1.5 tsp lime zest
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 packet stevia
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp coconut butter/oil
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Process until well combined, but a bit chunky.
- Divide the dough into two parts and press each part into the bottom of a plastic -wrap lined small bowl or tart pan.
- Place bowls/tart pans into the freezer while you make the filling.
- 2 ripe medium sized avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp lime zest (take about 3 limes)
- 3 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
- 4 packets of stevia
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Taste and add more stevia or agave nectar if more sweetness is desired.
- Place filling onto prepared crusts.
- Chill if eating soon, otherwise, cover tightly with plastic wrap (place directly on surface to prevent browning) and freeze. When ready to serve, allow about 15 minutes to soften.